Job Description: Volunteer
Dorchester Rugby Football Club
Responsible to: DRFC Junior Section Committee
- To play a full part in the running of DRFC in association with the DRFC coaching team and Junior Section Committee.
- To work with other volunteers, and in association with the DRFC Junior Section Committee, to deliver a programme of Rugby for all ages that is active, purposeful, enjoyable and safe.
- To maintain high ethical standards and to agree to, and abide by, the RFU Code of Conduct for Volunteers and any additions to it agreed by the DRFC Junior Section Committee.
- To fulfil the requirements of any specified Committee role for which you are responsible (the duties of which will be outlined in the relevant job description for that post).
- To promote and abide by the RFU Policies on Anti-Bullying, Equity and the Welfare of Young People.
- To undertake all training and actions required to fulfil the volunteer role, including, but not exclusively:
- Completion and periodic update of CRB checks;
- To undertake, within a mutually agreed time-scale, other training as may be required by the DRFC Junior Section Committee.
- To be a positive role model for young people and promote the “spirit of the game” of Rugby Union.
- To understand, and work to, the principles of Long Term Athlete Development (LTAD), recognising that Rugby Union is a “late specialisation sport” and therefore requires a generalised approach to early training.
- To discourage the “win at all costs” ethic amongst the club community.
- To attend, if required, meetings of the DRFC Junior Section Committee.