Reports to Chair of Club / Grounds Sub-Committee
JOB START DATE: 01/09/2019
WHAT WE OFFER:
- A great atmosphere to work within and to become part of a community focused club
- Ability to develop your managerial skills and experience
- WSET level 1 / level 2 Wine Training
- Cellar training (if required)
- Personal license course (if required)
- Competitive salary of 19-22k per annum (depending on experience)
- Commission on external events
- 28 days annual leave (pro rata based on hours worked, Worked Bank Holidays can be taken in lieu when agreed with the committee
- Employer Pension contribution in line with government legislation
- Ongoing support from Club / Grounds Sub Committee
We are actively seeking an Organised and Enthusiastic Clubhouse & Grounds Manager to join our Rugby club. This is a great opportunity for the right person to come in and own this role.
This role is key within our business, reporting to the Club’s Committee via the Club / Grounds Sub Committee Chair and working alongside our team of bar staff and volunteers.
Whilst the club has seasonal demands and peaks, largely around the rugby calendar (September-May), the Clubhouse is open all year round, Monday - Sunday.
The Clubhouse Manager would be expected to balance their time engaged in the bar manager customer facing role and administration and to have a physical club presence across all weekends during the rugby season, except for planned/agreed absences.
This role will suit a candidate with a proven track record in;
- Management within the Hospitality Industry
- Event Organisation
- Generating new Income and Profit
- Strong Interpersonal Management Skills
- Experience in maintaining a licensed facility
- Organised, Approachable, Sociable and Friendly
- Aware of club dynamics, inclusion and diversity
- Marketing & Development through Social Media
- Strong in Financial Management and IT skills
- Bar Management
- Club Event Management; Weddings, Christenings, Day Hire etc.
- Broader Associated Clubhouse Administration
- Maintenance services including the Control of the upkeep and Cleanliness of all areas
- Stock Management
- Staff Rota’s
- Consistently Strive to Generating revenue through Bar Sales What you will do:
- Be the Licensee of the Clubhouse
- Report to and work with the Club / Grounds Sub Committee
- Attend monthly Committee Meetings
- Manage all aspects of the bar
- Hold a current Personal License
- Negotiate supplier contracts
- Stock taking
- Liaison with stock auditors
- Selection of offerings and reordering supplies, setting and monitoring of prices, managing budgets and monitoring bar performance
- Manage relationships with breweries and suppliers
- Help Control Stock & Sales within the Club Shop
- Match day Sponsors
- Liaise with kitchen sub-contractors
- Communicating with other club staff, teams, members and officials
- Planning and taking part in Clubhouse events which may include evening and weekend work.
- Be part of the Social Committee who organise the Club’s annual events
- Operate within the Clubhouse’s policies and procedures including those on Confidentiality, Data Protection, Equal Opportunities and Health and Safety
- Recruiting, training and developing staff to provide excellent service.
- Submit time sheets for payroll each month
- Keeping facilities and surrounding areas free from trash, litter and debris
- Cleaning and maintaining equipment and materials.
- Ensuring licenses are updated and in line with current legislation
- Work alongside Club Volunteers
For all enquires and questions:
Please contact Mr. Roland Harries or Theresa Draycott-Lovell
By Phone: 07968203932 or 01305 230325
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £19,000.00 to £22,000.00 /year
- Clubhouse & Grounds Manager: 1 year (Preferred)